MAHINDRA & Mahindra’s Farm Equipment Sector (FES), part of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group, have launched their 4 Wheel Drive (4WD) range of tractors under the NOVO YUVO and JIVO brands in the state of Maharashtra. The tractors are priced attractively, starting at Rs 11.5 lakhs for NOVO 65 HP 4WD Rs 7.7 lakhs for YUVO 45 HP 4WD (575 DI) and Rs 4.21 lakhs for JIVO 24 HP 4WD (245 DI) variants, ex Maharashtra. The tractors will be available across the state through Mahindra’s wide network of 150 customer touch points, with immediate effect.
The 4 Wheel Drive feature will provide better traction on slippery or uneven terrain thereby improving productivity. All 4WD tractors are also equipped with advanced technologies such as DiGiSENSE and both these features are designed to bring-in convenience and ease of operation, while ensuring a manifold increase in productivity and efficiency, for the farming operations.
Speaking at the launch, Ravindra Shahane, vice president – Marketing, Farm Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, “At Mahindra, we drive rural prosperity by pioneering farm technology which increases productivity and in turn, improves farm income. Our advanced tractor technology has been very successful in transforming lives of farmers by enabling them with more efficient ways of farming.”
Shahane added, “We take great pride in presenting state of the art 4WD product range which will set a new benchmark for productivity in the industry. The 4WD variants are available in NOVO, YUVO and JIVO brands of tractors to provide farming solutions for a variety of crops including sugarcane & horticulture.
Launched almost three years ago, Novo is technologically most advanced tractor in 50-60 HP segment. Mahindra NOVO is highly versatile and can be used across more than 40 different farming applications. The advanced technology of the YUVO range helps serve the diverse needs of farmers – from land preparation to harvesting as well as post-harvesting requirements.
Launched two years ago, Yuvo has become the fastest growing tractor brand in India. Built on a completely independent platform with a unique and Industry first 12F+3R Full constant-mesh gearbox in the category, Mahindra YUVO is highly versatile and can be used across more than 30 different farming applications. The advanced technology of the YUVO range helps serve the diverse needs of farmers – from land preparation to harvesting as well as post-harvesting requirements, helps them do more, faster and better.
Developed ground up, the Mahindra JIVO is a highly versatile tractor that can be used across multiple applications including crop care, land preparation, and inter-culture activities. Mahindra JIVO has been designed keeping in mind the latent needs of horticulture & row crop farming segment and is an ideal choice for the farmers owing to its narrow and compact build and high power. As Mahindra’s first sub 25HP 4WD tractor, it is a high-performance tractor that leads the segment with best-in-class torque and fuel efficiency.
Technologically advanced, Mahindra Novo is available at multiple HP points (49.9, 52, 57, 65 & 75 HP) will deliver uniform consistent power with minimum RPM drop in all applications & soil conditions. Key advanced Novo features are:
- Most powerful engine with highest torque 305 Nm and backup torque of 28%
- Three range levers & full synchromesh transmission
- Speed ranging from 1.7 kmph to 36 kmph ( Creeper speed starting 0.4 kmph )
- Best in class capacity 2600 kgs
- Highest pump flow for quick lowering
- 65 HP & 75 HP comes with metallic deep red paint
- Stylised metallic 3 D decal
YUVO is the result of an extensive research and development program by Mahindra’s project team who collected feedback from customers across 12 states. More than 7000 inputs went into developing YUVO which was then put through 140,000 hours of lab and field testing across 12 states covering relevant applications.
Mahindra YUVO offers many new technology features to Indian farmers looking for tractors in 30 – 45 HP range. It is designed to deliver superior performance in farming operations in any soil condition & offers versatility to carry out over 30 applications, thus making it ideal for use in any part of India.
YUVO 4WD’s powerful engine with planetary drive and a 15 gear-speed transmission makes it the most suitable tractor for all Agri applications. The drop-down front axle is specially designed for cultivation of crops like Paddy
YUVO’s promise of Zyada Jaldi Behtar performance is extended by the 4WD variant. It has several class-leading features including:
- 18% back up torque, the highest in the industry
- 400 hours service interval, the longest in the segment which helps save time and improves productivity & efficiency
- 15 gear speeds, the first offering in this category, for more agri speed options
- Most advanced Hydraulics - 1500 Kg lift capacity
- The best in class ergonomics for more comfort around operating platform for farmers .
Mahindra JIVO is a new age, superior technology small tractor platform in the sub 25HP category. TheJIVO is suitable for row crop and horticulture farming with an engine power of 24HP and PTO power of 22HP.
After its successful introduction and proven performance in Maharashtra’s vineyards, JIVO is set for its launch in West Bengal too. JIVO is a compact 24 HP 4WD tractor, offering best in class PTO HP and fuel efficiency with stylish and comfortable design at a very attractive price.
Mahindra JIVO has several class-leading features including:
- Automatic Depth & Draft Control (ADDC) – Ideal for land preparation activities
- 8 Forward + 4 Reverse transmission – More speed options to choose from
- Side shift gears – Open floor space & comfortable gear shifting
- High ground clearance – Useful in crop care applications
- 2 Speed PTO – For improved rotavator application
- 750 KG lift capacity – Best in class lift allows deployment of large implements
- A high top speed of 25 KMPH – More trips to move farm produce
- Highest PTO power – For continuous spraying in Vineyard applications