THE Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Pune has taken proactive measures to ensure that the industry is able to adapt to the emerging conditions with minimal impact on businesses, employees and all stakeholders.
Apart from facilitating essential services and the production of exempted items, it aims to work on relief and rehabilitation measures. CII has also set up a special National Covid-19 Relief & Rehabilitation Fund to provide support to different stakeholders including the healthcare workers on the frontline and the community at large in dealing with the fallout of the pandemic. CII Young Indians (Yi) Pune are supporting the relief and rehabilitation process for Covid-19 in the city of Pune. – Alakesh Roy, Chairman, CII Pune Zonal Council & Managing Director, Zamil Steel Buildings India.
CII Pune appealed to its Members to donate/contribute and support the Government Health system such as requisite materials towards preventing, protecting and testing under COVID -19 Relief and Rehabilitation Initiative and received generous contributions from various members:
- Sany Heavy Industries donated 16000 – N95 Masks to the Government of Maharashtra through CII on 28 March 2020 in Pune (Photograph attached)
- Starcke Abrasives India Pvt Ltd donated 5000 pairs of gloves to Maharashtra Government through CII on 28 March 2020 in Pune
- ELKAY Chemicals Pvt Ltd donated 200 PPE (Full suit) on March 31, 2020
- KION India has donated 450 PPE (full suit) to Govt on April 1, 2020, in Pune
- RSB Transmissions has donated 500 food packets and water bottles to needy people and police on 1 April 2020 in Pune and it will be continued for the next three days (Photo attached)
- GE India donated to Pune Police department & Municipal Corporation on April 2, 2020 – three-ply surgical masks, 20000 nos N95 face masks, 1000 nos hand sanitiser, 500 ml bottles, 100 no’s disposable surgical hand gloves
Food distributed to 500 wage-earners living at Bhima Koregaon, Pune by Kion India and RSB, Sanaswadi distributed 500 meals with water bottles to needy people and police. They have maintained social distancing and will continue to distribute for the next three days.