INDIA’s leading luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today bolstered its strong presence in the luxury saloon segment with the launch of the new E-Class, the most sought after luxury sedan of the country. The new E-Class debuts with comprehensive changes on exterior styling and design, significant interior updates along with the integration of the latest new-generation NTG 6 telematics, industry benchmark MBUX; making it more dynamic and intelligent than ever before. The E-Class boasts of the ‘most spacious’ rear cabin in the segment owing to its long wheelbase, and together with its dynamic driving elements and latest enhancements, make the saloon unmatched in its segment.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Santosh Iyer, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, launched the new E-Class at T&T Motors in New Delhi, today.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Listening to our customers’ wishes and introducing the latest products and continuously honing them has been key to our customer strategy. We have to advance the launch of the new E-Class owing to the successful run out of the outgoing model much ahead of our planning and for an overwhelming interest for the new model. We have completely reimagined the new E-Class by making it more dynamic, more fun to drive and more tech enriched than ever before. We are confident that with our balanced variant strategy, the new E-Class will strongly appeal to not only the chauffeur-driven luxury dweller but also to the driving enthusiast who wants a sporty and fun car to drive around, without compromising on any of the luxury features.”
“We will launch 15 new products this year and the new E-Class with its new attitude is just the beginning of an intense product intervention planned. Our sedan segment remains one of our key focus areas this year and we are confident the E-Class will continue to remain the most successful luxury sedan of India.” Schwenk added.
Key features and technology enrichments of the new E-Class:
The India specific long-wheelbase E-Class continues to offer the best in class legroom, space and the most comfortable rear seating with reclining seats. The new E-Class continues to raise the benchmark in the executive luxury limousine segment in India, with a long list of best-in-class standard features.
· Best in segment length > 5 meters (5075 mm)
· Best in segment wheelbase > 3 meters (3079 mm)
· Avantgarde Exterior Package
· All new LED High-Performance Headlamps
· Newly designed rear with new split taillight design and fresh bumpers
· Quarter glass inspired by the Mercedes-Maybach
Interior appointments, comfort and convenience:
· Luxurious open-pore wood trims in front and rear | Artico leather dashboard
· New capacitive touch controls on the steering wheel
· Smartphone integration package
· Best in class rear reclining seats with memory functions (37 degrees)
· Chauffeur package
· Rear removable touchpad for all convenience controls at the centre armrest
· Burmester surround sound system with 590W output
· Panoramic sunroof
· Wireless charger at the rear
· Newly designed AC console with storage
· Power close function for doors
· Park Pilot (Active Park Assistance) with reverse camera
A technology marvel:
The cabin experience has been enhanced with the integration of the new Mercedes-Benz User Experience infotainment system. MBUX enriches the user experience by incorporating a powerful computer, brilliant screens and graphics, a customisable display, learning-capable software, and “Hey Mercedes” voice assistance with natural language recognition. Key highlights comprise:
· Digital cockpit with dual 12.3” display screens
· Best in class MBUX NTG6 with AI-enabled Hey Mercedes voice assistance
· Best in class Mercedes me connect 2021
Additional key features of the range-topping E 350 d:
· This is the first time a series E-Class features a sporty AMG Line exterior styling for India
· Power domes on the bonnet | Redesigned headlamps and tail lamps
· Diamond studded grill | AMG design bumpers in front and rear
· Air Body control suspension
· Sporty side skirts and the beautiful 18” AMG alloys clearly highlight the new sporty avatar of the luxurious E350d AMG Line.
· For the first time in the E-Class, a special beige-Tropez blue interior upholstery giving the car a distinguished elegant look
· 360 degrees camera | Front seats with memory function | Wireless charging in front
· Illuminated door seal panel