TRIUMPH Motorcycles India have recently launched the brand-new Tiger 1200 XCX.
The all- new Tiger 1200 XCX is the most advanced Tiger model ever. This motorcycle is the latest addition to a legendary bloodline that began 80 years ago and has been purpose-built to handle the ultimate in on-road adventures and off-road challenges, with every single new technological innovation, engine enhancement, premium specification, and style update designed specifically to help deliver a perfect ride.
Vimal Sumbly, managing director, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt Ltd commented, “As the pioneer in this category, the remarkable Tiger 1200 series with its state-of-the-art features and rider-focused technology is suited for both, on and off-road riding, ensuring superb stability and control. It is a bike that allows riders to gratify their desired adventure, to go anywhere and everywhere- be it in a daily commute to an adventure on difficult terrains spreading the corners of the earth. These developments complement the Tiger’s agility, its easy riding style, as well as its existing distinctive Tiger poise – the new 1200 is built for an advanced level of adventure and maximum dominance.”
Sumbly added, “The new Tiger 1200 is so advanced it has taken a full four years to develop, and today we’re proud to launch the most advanced adventure motorcycle that boasts of significant class-leading engine characteristics, rider-focused technological innovations, and premium styling. These are by far the most adventure-ready Tiger ever built.”
Tiger 1200 category-defining technology: NEW FEATURES
* Triumph Shift Assist – Providing seamless clutchless up and down gearshifts, this system facilitates silky smooth gear changes and significantly reduces rider fatigue
* Adaptive Cornering Lighting – an advanced dynamic system providing enhanced night-time visibility, with increasing lighting intensity dependant on lean angle
* Arrow titanium and carbon fibre silencer – High specification, lightweight and stylish Arrow silencer, finished with a titanium wrap and carbon fibre end cap and strap
* All-LED lighting – Providing more enhanced visibility and style, Triumph’s LED signature lighting creates clear views ahead and from behind
* Five-inch adjustable TFT instruments – Full colour and clear instrumentation providing precise rider information with an intuitive operation
* Backlit handlebar switch cubes and 5-way joystick control – New ergonomically-designed fully backlit handlebar switch cubes and joystick to make night-time use even easier
* “Off-Road Pro” riding mode- Delivering the most focused off-road set up ever, advanced riders aid can opt to turn off rider systems and be in total control with no traction control or ABS intervention.
* Keyless ignition – Now even easier to live with daily, featuring a premium keyless ignition
* Updated cruise control – Accessed easily through the left-hand switch cube, the new single button cruise control helps to reduce rider fatigue
CORE TECHNOLOGY FEATURES include:
* Unique 1215cc triple engine with shaft drive (the most powerful shaft driven motorcycle in the segment, delivering 141PS)
* Triumph Semi-Active Suspension incorporating WP adjustable front and rear suspension
* Brembo Monobloc 4-piston radial calipers and integrated braking system
* Up to six riding modes
* Hill hold control
* Electrically adjustable touring screen
* Inertial Measurement Unit (six axis)
* Optimised cornering ABS
* Optimised cornering traction control
* Ride-by-wire throttle
* Heated grips & heated rider and pillion seats
* Advanced onboard computer and immobiliser
* Power sockets (2 x 12v, 1 x USB
Triumph Motorcycles has also launched their new technical adventure clothing line to complement the new Tiger range. Constructed with the highest quality materials available and incorporating Gore-Tex fabric technology, this new technical riding apparel offers first class ‘all-weather’ protection against the elements. In addition to this specialist clothing range, a new stylish line-up of men’s and women’s casual adventure clothing is also available.
The Tiger 1200 range also boasts over 50 optional accessories, allowing you to customise your bike to maximise your riding experience, whichever model you choose.