THE unprecedented situation arising from the outbreak of COVID 19 has created several hardships, especially for low income, prepaid customers using feature phones. To ensure that such customers remain connected amidst these troubled times, Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL), one of India’s leading telecom service providers, today announced:
· Extension in validity of its prepaid plans,availed by low income customers using feature phones, till April 17, 2020. This free of cost extension in plan validity timeline will enable millions of feature phone users of both Vodafone and Idea to continue to receive incoming calls, even if the validity of their plan expires earlier.
· Talk time credit of Rs 10/- in the account of nearly 100mn feature phone using customers to ensure that they continue to stay connected with their family and friends by making calls or sending SMS.
This validity extension and talk time is being credited in the accounts of all eligible customers,as fast as possible, over the coming days.
Avneesh Khosla, Marketing Director, Vodafone Idea said, “Our customers must remain connected without worrying about any disruption, especially in these troubled times. Extending plan validity and crediting talk time will particularly benefit migrant workers and daily wage earners, whose lives and livelihoods have been most unsettled due to the precautionary lockdown. Our network teams are already operating 24X7 to ensure seamless connectivity.”
With this special initiative for low income feature phone users , Vodafone Idea customers can now continue to remain fully connected with their dear ones and access relevant, latest updates from local authorities.
Customers availing Vodafone Idea’s services via smart phones can continue to recharge their accounts using the feature rich online and digital platforms:
• Apps – MyVodafone App, MyIdea App
• E-Wallets – Like PayTM, Google Pay, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, etc.
• USSD – Dial *121# from your Vodafone / Idea number